- •Hypoventilation has been reported in 46-83% of infants presenting with TBCK-related disorders.
- •Respiratory surveillance should be considered in the management of TBCK-related disorders.
- •TBCK-related disorders should be considered in infants with hypotonia, hypoventilation and white matter abnormalities on brain imaging.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- TBCK influences cell proliferation, cell size and mTOR signaling pathway.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e71349
- Homozygous boricua TBCK mutation causes neurodegeneration and aberrant autophagy.Ann Neurol. 2018; 83: 153-165
Tintos-Hernandez JA, Santana A, Keller KN, Ortiz-Gonzalez XR. Lysosomal dysfunction impairs mitochondrial quality control and predicts neurodegeneration in TBCKE. bioRxiv. 2020.
- Recessive Inactivating Mutations in TBCK, Encoding a Rab GTPase-Activating Protein, Cause Severe Infantile Syndromic Encephalopathy.Am J Hum Genet. 2016; 98: 772-781
- Further delineation of TBCK - Infantile hypotonia with psychomotor retardation and characteristic facies type 3.Eur J Med Genet. 2019; 62: 273-277
- The pathophysiology of respiratory impairment in pediatric neuromuscular diseases.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: S215-S218
- Homozygous TBC1 domain-containing kinase (TBCK) mutation causes a novel lysosomal storage disease - a new type of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (CLN15)?.Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2018; 6: 145
- Myopathic changes associated with psychomotor delay and seizures caused by a novel homozygous mutation in TBCK.Muscle Nerve. 2020; 62: 266-271
- Biallelic loss-of-function P4HTM gene variants cause hypotonia, hypoventilation, intellectual disability, dysautonomia, epilepsy, and eye abnormalities (HIDEA syndrome).Genet Med. 2019; 21: 2355-2363
- Delving into the complexity of hereditary spastic paraplegias: how unexpected phenotypes and inheritance modes are revolutionizing their nosology.Hum Genet. 2015; 134: 511-538
- Structural and functional differences in PHOX2B frameshift mutations underlie isolated or syndromic congenital central hypoventilation syndrome.Human mutation. 2018; 39: 219-236
- Progressive Encephalopathy and Central Hypoventilation Related to Homozygosity of NDUFV1 Nuclear Gene, a Rare Mitochondrial Disease.J Pediatr Child Care. 2019; 5: 05
- Mutations in TBCK, Encoding TBC1-Domain-Containing Kinase, Lead to a Recognizable Syndrome of Intellectual Disability and Hypotonia.Am J Hum Genet. 2016; 98: 782-788
- Neuroimaging of mitochondrial disease.Mitochondrion. 2008; 8: 396-413
- García Carrancá A. mTORC1 as a Regulator of Mitochondrial Functions and a Therapeutic Target in Cancer.Front Oncol. 2019; 9: 1373
- Sleep-disordered Breathing in Neuromuscular Disease.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015; 191: 979-989
- The control of breathing in clinical practice.Chest. 2000; 117: 205-225