- •LPIN1 deficiency should be considered among other genetic/metabolic causes of rhabdomyolysis at all ages.
- •Acute compartment syndrome (ACS) may develop due to LPIN1-related rhabdomyolysis attack.
- •Atypical phenotypes, recognition of the complications like arrythmias, renal failure and ACS requires a dynamic approach.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Acute rhabdomyolysis and inflammation.J Inherit Metab Dis. 2015; 38: 621-628https://doi.org/10.1007/s10545-015-9827-7
- mTOR complex 1 regulates lipin 1 localization to control the SREBP pathway.Cell. 2011; 146: 408-420https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2011.06.034
- Three mammalian lipins act as phosphatidate phosphatases with distinct tissue expression patterns.J Biol Chem. 2007; 282: 3450-3457https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M610745200
- Characterization of the human LPIN1-encoded phosphatidate phosphatase isoforms.J Biol Chem. 2010; 285: 14628-14638https://doi.org/10.1096/fasebj.24.1_supplement.694.8
- The effects of high fat diets with and without N-acetylcysteine supplementation on the lipin-1 levels of serum and various tissues in rats.Turk J Biochem. 2014; 39: 19-24https://doi.org/10.5505/tjb.2014.78941
- Acute recurrent rhabdomyolysis in a Chinese boy associated with a novel compound heterozygous LPIN1 variant: a case report.BMC Neurol. 2021; 21: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1186/s12883-021-02050-w
- Mutations in LPIN1 cause recurrent acute myoglobinuria in childhood.Am J Hum Genet. 2008; 83: 489-494https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajhg.2008.09.002
- CADD-splice—improving genome-wide variant effect prediction using deep learning-derived splice scores.Genome Med. 2021; 13: 1-12https://doi.org/10.1186/s13073-021-00835-9
- Case report: the first probable Hong Kong Chinese case of LPIN1-related acute recurrent rhabdomyolysis in a boy with two novel variants.F1000Research. 2019; 8https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.20343.1
- Long-term outcomes in a 25-year-old female affected with lipin-1 deficiency.JIMD Rep. 2019; 46: 4-10https://doi.org/10.1002/jmd2.12016
- Glycerophospholipids in brain: their metabolism, incorporation into membranes, functions, and involvement in neurological disorders.Chem Phys Lipids. 2000; 106: 1-29https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-3084(00)00128-6
- Study of LPIN1, LPIN2 and LPIN3 in rhabdomyolysis and exercise-induced myalgia.J Inherit Metab Dis. 2012; 35 (Official Journal of the Society for the Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism): 1119-1128https://doi.org/10.1007/s10545-012-9461-6
- LPIN1 gene mutations: a major cause of severe rhabdomyolysis in early childhood.Hum Mutat. 2010; 31: E1564-E1573https://doi.org/10.1002/humu.21282
- A rare case of adult onset LPIN1 associated rhabdomyolysis.Neuromuscul Disord. 2020; 30: 241-245https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nmd.2020.01.004
- First presentation of LPIN1 acute rhabdomyolysis in adolescence and adulthood.Neuromuscul Disord. 2020; 30: 566-571https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nmd.2020.05.004
- Fat oxidation is impaired during exercise in lipin-1 deficiency.Neurology. 2019; 93: e1433-e1438https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000008240
- LPIN1 rhabdomyolysis: a single site cohort description and treatment recommendations.Mol Genet Metab Rep. 2022; 30100844https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymgmr.2022.100844
- Rhabdomyolysis: a review, with emphasis on the pediatric population.Pediatr Nephrol. 2010; 25: 7-18https://doi.org/10.1007/s00467-009-1223-9
- Evaluation and management of acute compartment syndrome in the emergency department.J Emerg Med. 2019; 56: 386-397https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2018.12.021
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute extremity compartment syndrome.Lancet N Am Ed. 2015; 386: 1299-1310https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00277-9
- The ryanodine receptor type 1 gene variants in African American men with exertional rhabdomyolysis and malignant hyperthermia susceptibility.Clin Genet. 2009; 76: 564-568https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-0004.2009.01251.x
- Sequential spontaneous compartment syndrome in multiple limbs in a young adult with GYG1 gene mutation.BMJ Case Rep. 2020; 13 (CP)e236226https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2020-236226
- Spontaneous compartment syndrome in a patient with McArdle disease: a case report and review of the literature.JBJS Case Connect. 2017; 7: e49https://doi.org/10.2106/jbjs.cc.16.00196
- Lipin-1 regulates autophagy clearance and intersects with statin drug effects in skeletal muscle.Cell Metab. 2014; 20: 267-279https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmet.2014.05.003
- Rhabdomyolysis-associated mutations in human LPIN1 lead to loss of phosphatidic acid phosphohydrolase activity.JIMD Rep. 2015; 23: 113-122https://doi.org/10.1007/8904_2015_440
- Lipodystrophy in the fld mouse results from mutation of a new gene encoding a nuclear protein, lipin.Nat Genet. 2001; 27: 121-124https://doi.org/10.1038/83685
- The fatty liver dystrophy (fld) mutation: a new mutant mouse with a developmental abnormality in triglyceride metabolism and associated tissue-specific defects in lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase activities.J Biol Chem. 1989; 264: 7994-8003https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9258(18)83141-6
- Pediatric rhabdomyolysis.Pediatr Rev. 2020; 41: 265-275https://doi.org/10.1542/pir.2018-0300