- •This report provides three novel pathogenic variants in SLC5A7 causing CMS type 20.
- •CMS type 20 is remarkably variable in clinical phenotype, severity and prognosis.
- •Additional treatment with β2-adrenergic agonists may be useful in some patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The neuromuscular junction and wide heterogeneity of congenital myasthenic syndromes.Int J Mol Sci. 2018; 19: 1677
- Impaired presynaptic high-affinity choline transporter causes a congenital myasthenic syndrome with episodic apnea.Am J Hum Genet. 2016; 99: 753-761
- Variants in SLC18A3, vesicular acetylcholine transporter, cause congenital myasthenic syndrome.Neurology. 2016; 87: 1442-1448
- Synaptotagmin 2 mutations cause an autosomal-dominant form of lambert-eaton myasthenic syndrome and nonprogressive motor neuropathy.Am J Hum Genet. 2014; 95: 332-339
- Mutant SNAP25B causes myasthenia, cortical hyperexcitability, ataxia, and intellectual disability.Neurology. 2014; 83: 2247-2255
- Identification of mutations in the MYO9A gene in patients with congenital myasthenic syndrome.Brain. 2016; 139: 2143-2153
- Congenital myasthenic syndrome with episodic apnoea: clinical, neurophysiological and genetic features in the long-term follow-up of 19 patients.J Neurol. 2018; 265: 194-203
- Identification and characterization of the high-affinity choline transporter.Nat Neurosci. 2000; 3: 120-125
- Transmembrane topology and oligomeric structure of the high-affinity choline transporter.J Biol Chem. 2012; 287: 42826-42834
- Lethal impairment of cholinergic neurotransmission in hemicholinium-3-sensitive choline transporter knockout mice.Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2004; 101: 8762-8767
- Choline transporter mutations in severe congenital myasthenic syndrome disrupt transporter localization.Brain. 2017; 140: 2838-2850
- SIFT web server: predicting effects of amino acid substitutions on proteins.Nucleic Acids Res. 2012; 40: W452-W457
- A method and server for predicting damaging missense mutations.Nat Methods. 2010; 7: 248
- MutationTaster evaluates disease-causing potential of sequence alterations.Nat Methods. 2010; 7: 575
- Determinants of protein function revealed by combinatorial entropy optimization.Genome Biol. 2007; 8: R232
- Predicting the functional, molecular, and phenotypic consequences of amino acid substitutions using hidden Markov models.Hum Mutat. 2013; 34: 57-65
- An integrative approach to predicting the functional effects of non-coding and coding sequence variation.Bioinformatics. 2015; 31: 1536-1543
- dbNSFP v3.0: a one-stop database of functional predictions and annotations for human non-synonymous and splice site SNVs.Hum Mutat. 2016; 37: 235-241
- Analysis of protein-coding genetic variation in 60,706 humans.Nature. 2016; 536: 285-291
- Making decisions to limit treatment in life-limiting and life-threatening conditions in children: a framework for practice.Arch Dis Child. 2015; 100: s1 LP-s23
- A new severe mutation in the SLC5A7 gene related to congenital myasthenic syndrome type 20.Neuromuscul Disord. 2018; 28: 881-884
- The novel p.Ser263Phe mutation in the human high-affinity choline transporter 1 (CHT1/SLC5A7) causes a lethal form of fetal akinesia syndrome.Hum Mutat. 2019; 40: 1676-1683
- Distribution of high affinity choline transporter immunoreactivity in the primate central nervous system.J Comp Neurol. 2003; 463: 341-357
- Choline acetyltransferase mutations cause myasthenic syndrome associated with episodic apnea in humans.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2001; 98: 2017-2022
- Distinct phenotypes of congenital acetylcholine receptor deficiency.Neuromuscul Disord. 2004; 14: 356-364
- Clinical features in a series of fast channel congenital myasthenia syndrome.Neuromuscul Disord. 2012; 22: 112-117
- Truncating SLC5A7 mutations underlie a spectrum of dominant hereditary motor neuropathies.Neurol Genet. 2018; 4: 1-8
- Comparison and integration of deleteriousness prediction methods for nonsynonymous SNVs in whole exome sequencing studies.Hum Mol Genet. 2015; 24: 2125-2137
- Beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonists enhance AChR clustering in C2C12 myotubes: implications for therapy of myasthenic disorders.J Neuromuscul Dis. 2018; 5: 231-240
- Salbutamol modifies the neuromuscular junction in a mouse model of ColQ myasthenic syndrome.Hum Mol Genet. 2019; 28: 2339-2351
- β2-adrenergic agonists ameliorate the adverse effect of long-term pyridostigmine on neuromuscular junction structure.Brain. 2019; 142: 3713-3727
- Discovery of compounds that positively modulate the high affinity choline transporter.Front Mol Neurosci. 2017; 10: 1-17
- Protter: interactive protein feature visualization and integration with experimental proteomic data.Bioinformatics. 2013; 30: 884-886