- •A workshop has been held on data sharing in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- •Currently data is scattered, hard to find and access, causing a huge loss of data.
- •Data should become Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR).
- •At the end of the workshop a Duchenne FAIR declaration has been drafted.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The fair guiding principles for scientific data management and stewardship.Sci Data. 2016; 3160018
- Report of MDA muscle disease symposium on newborn screening for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.Muscle Nerve. 2013; 48: 21-26
- Dystrophin: the protein product of the Duchenne muscular dystrophy locus.Cell. 1987; 51: 919-928
- The complete sequence of dystrophin predicts a rod-shaped cytoskeletal protein.Cell. 1988; 53: 219-228
- The muscular dystrophies.Lancet. 2002; 359: 687-695
- Survival in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: improvements in life expectancy since 1967 and the impact of home nocturnal ventilation.Neuromusc Disord. 2002; 12: 926-929
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy: survival by cardio-respiratory interventions.Neuromuscul Disord. 2011; 21: 47-51
- Tracking progress: an update on animal models for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.Dis Model Mech. 2018; 11
- Long-term effects of glucocorticoids on function, quality of life, and survival in patients with duchenne muscular dystrophy: a prospective cohort study.Lancet. 2018; 391: 451-461
- Improvement of survival in duchenne muscular dystrophy: retrospective analysis of 835 patients.Acta Myolog Myopath Cardiomyop Off J Mediterr Soc Myol. 2012; 31: 121-125
- PwC EU services, cost of not having fair research data; Cost-benefit analysis for fair research data, policy development and coordination.Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg2019 (Editor)
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing directive 95/46/EC (General data protection regulation) the european parliament and the council of the European Union.Official Journal of the European Union, 2016: 1-88 (Editor)
- Turning fair into reality: Final report and action plan from the European Commission expert group on fair data, open innovation and open science.Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg2018 (Editor)
- Prompting an eosc in practice: Final report and recommendations of the commission 2nd high level expert group on the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC), open innovation and open science.Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg2018 (Editor)
European Open Science Cloud. EOSC declaration: European open science cloud, new research & innovation opportunities. 2017. European Commission: Brussels.
- Realising the European open science cloud, policy development and coordination.Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg2016 (Editor)
- RD-Connect, neuromics and EURenOmics: collaborative European initiative for rare diseases.Eur J Hum Genet EJHG. 2018; 26: 778-785
- Linked registries: connecting rare diseases patient registries through a semantic web layer.BioMed Res Int. 2017; 20178327980
- The RD-Connect Registry & Biobank Finder: a tool for sharing aggregated data and metadata among rare disease researchers.Eur J Hum Genet. 2018; 26: 631-643
- The challenge for a european network of biobanks for rare diseases taken up by RD-Connect.Pathobiol J Immunopathol Mol Cellul Biol. 2014; 81: 231-236
- RD-Connect: an integrated platform connecting databases, registries, biobanks and clinical bioinformatics for rare disease research.J Gen Intern Med. 2014; 29: S780-S787
- Cloudy, increasingly FAIR; revisiting the fair data guiding principles for the European Open Science Cloud.Inf Serv Use. 2017; 37: 49-56
- Implementation and relevance of fair data principles in biopharmaceutical R&D.Drug Discov Today. 2019; 24: 933-938
- The core Dravet syndrome phenotype.Epilepsia. 2011; 52: 3-9
- Consumer attitudes toward personal health records in a beacon community.Am J Manag Care. 2011; 17: e104-e120
- The treat-NMD Duchenne muscular dystrophy registries: conception, design, and utilization by industry and academia.Hum Mutat. 2013; 34: 1449-1457
- 157th ENMC international workshop: patient registries for rare, inherited muscular disorders 25–27 January 2008 Naarden, the Netherlands.Neuromuscul Disord. 2008; 18: 997-1001
- SMArtCARE - A platform to collect real-life outcome data of patients with spinal muscular atrophy.Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2019; 14: 18
European Commission. Commission staff working document: implementation roadmap for the European Open Science Cloud. 2018. European Commission: Brussels.