- •Nonsense dystrophin mutations do not always result in a severe phenotype.
- •Predicted nonsense mutations may instead affect exon splicing.
- •Very low-level dystrophin expression may be sufficient to significantly attenuate phenotype.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies.Neurol Clin. 2014; 32 (viii): 671-688
- Entries in the Leiden Duchenne muscular dystrophy mutation database: an overview of mutation types and paradoxical cases that confirm the reading-frame rule.Muscle Nerve. 2006; 34: 135-144
- An explanation for the phenotypic differences between patients bearing partial deletions of the DMD locus.Genomics. 1988; 2: 90-95
- Improved molecular diagnosis of dystrophinopathies in an unselected clinical cohort.Am J Med Genet A. 2005; 134: 295-298
- Disruption of the splicing enhancer sequence within exon 27 of the dystrophin gene by a nonsense mutation induces partial skipping of the exon and is responsible for Becker muscular dystrophy.J Clin Invest. 1997; 100: 2204-2210
- Mutation spectrum leading to an attenuated phenotype in dystrophinopathies.Eur J Hum Genet. 2005; 13: 1254-1260
- Nonsense mutation-associated Becker muscular dystrophy: interplay between exon definition and splicing regulatory elements within the DMD gene.Hum Mutat. 2011; 32: 299-308
- When a mid-intronic variation of DMD gene creates an ESE site.Neuromuscul Disord. 2014; 24: 1111-1117
- A novel mutation in DMD (c.10797+5G>A) causes Becker muscular dystrophy associated with intellectual disability.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2016; 37: 239-244
- Dystrophin nonsense mutation induces different levels of exon 29 skipping and leads to variable phenotypes within one BMD family.Eur J Hum Genet. 2000; 8: 793-796
- Novel nonsense mutation (C→A nt 10512) in exon 72 of dystrophin gene leading to exon skipping in a patient with a mild dystrophinopathy.Hum Mutat. 1998; : S137-S138
- Targeted RNA-Seq profiling of splicing pattern in the DMD gene: exons are mostly constitutively spliced in human skeletal muscle.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 39094
- Six-minute walk test: reference values and prediction equation in healthy boys aged 5 to 12 years.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8 (e84120)
- Ambulatory capacity and disease progression as measured by the 6-minute-walk-distance in Duchenne muscular dystrophy subjects on daily corticosteroids.Neuromuscul Disord. 2013; 23: 618-623
- LTBP4 genotype predicts age of ambulatory loss in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.Ann Neurol. 2013; 73: 481-488
- Mutational spectrum of DMD mutations in dystrophinopathy patients: application of modern diagnostic techniques to a large cohort.Hum Mutat. 2009; 30: 1657-1666
- An exon skipping-associated nonsense mutation in the dystrophin gene uncovers a complex interplay between multiple antagonistic splicing elements.Hum Mol Genet. 2006; 15: 999-1013
- Becker muscular dystrophy due to an inversion of exons 23 and 24 of the DMD gene.Muscle Nerve. 2011; 44: 822-825
- The lack of the Celf2a splicing factor converts a Duchenne genotype into a Becker phenotype.Nat Commun. 2016; 7: 10488
- Point mutations in the dystrophin gene: evidence for frequent use of cryptic splice sites as a result of splicing defects.Hum Mutat. 1999; 14: 359-368
- Interplay between DMD point mutations and splicing signals in Dystrophinopathy phenotypes.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8 (e59916)
- Cryptic splice activation but not exon skipping is observed in minigene assays of dystrophin c.9361+1G>A mutation identified by NGS.J Hum Genet. 2017; 62: 531-537
- Protein- and mRNA-based phenotype-genotype correlations in DMD/BMD with point mutations and molecular basis for BMD with nonsense and frameshift mutations in the DMD gene.Hum Mutat. 2007; 28: 183-195
- Genetic modifiers of ambulation in the Cooperative International Neuromuscular Research Group Duchenne Natural History Study.Ann Neurol. 2015; 77: 684-696
- Validation of genetic modifiers for Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a multicentre study assessing SPP1 and LTBP4 variants.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2015; 86: 1060-1065
- Eteplirsen for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy.Ann Neurol. 2013; 74: 637-647
- Phase 2a study of ataluren-mediated dystrophin production in patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8 (e81302)
- Ataluren treatment of patients with nonsense mutation dystrophinopathy.Muscle Nerve. 2014; 50: 477-487