- •A cognitive assessment task for children with SMA-I is proposed.
- •Children with SMA-I have difficulty matching pairs.
- •Children with SMA-I could respond with the eye tracker to the pair-matching tasks.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Electrophysiological biomarkers in spinal muscular atrophy: preclinical proof of concept.Ann Clin Transl Neurol. 2013; 1: 34-44
- Observational study of spinal muscular atrophy type I and implications for clinical trials.Neurology. 2014; 83: 810-817
- Spinal muscular atrophy functional composite score: a functional measure in spinal muscular atrophy.Muscle Nerve. 2015; 52: 942-947
- Consensus statement for standard of care in spinal muscular atrophy.J Child Neurol. 2007; 22: 942-947
- 209th ENMC International Workshop: outcome measures and clinical trial readiness in spinal muscular atrophy 7–9 November 2014, Heemskerk, The Netherlands.Neuromuscul Disord. 2015; 25: 593-602
- Respiratory muscle function in infants with spinal muscular atrophy type I.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2014; 49: 1234-1242
- New ocular movement detector system as a communication tool in ventilator-assisted Werdnig-Hoffmann disease.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2000; 42: 61-64
- Understanding the experiences and needs of individuals with spinal muscular atrophy and their parents: a qualitative study.BMC Neurol. 2015; 15: 217
- Abnormal eye movements in Kennedy disease.Neurology. 2009; 72: 1528-1530
- Eye gaze technology as a form of augmentative and alternative communication for individuals with Rett syndrome: experiences of families in the Netherlands.J Dev Phys Disabil. 2016; 28: 101-112
- Cognitive functions in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a reappraisal and comparison with spinal muscular atrophy.Neuromuscul Disord. 1992; 2: 371-378
- Reading ability and processing in Duchenne muscular dystrophy and spinal muscular atrophy.Dev Med Child Neurol. 1998; 40: 12-20
- Intelligence and cognitive function in children and adolescents with spinal muscular atrophy.Neuromuscul Disord. 2002; 12: 130-136
- Spatial cognition in young children with spinal muscular atrophy.Dev Neuropsychol. 2002; 21: 273-283
- Independent mobility after early introduction of a power wheelchair in spinal muscular atrophy.J Child Neurol. 2012; 28: 576-582
- Self-locomotion and spatial language and spatial cognition: insights from typical and atypical development.Front Psychol. 2014; 5: 521
- Cognitive impairment in neuromuscular disorders.Muscle Nerve. 2006; 34: 16-33
- Tobii PC eye to go: control the computer with your eyes [Tobii PC eye to go: controle o computador com os olhos].(Available from:)http://www.civiam.com.br/civiam/index.php/tobii/pceye-tobii-controlar-computador-olhos-mouse-teclado-virtual.html([Accessed 20 September 2013])
- International SMA consortium meeting 26–28 June 1992, Bonn, Germany.Neuromuscul Disord. 1992; 2: 423-428
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Infant Test of Neuromuscular Disorders (CHOP INTEND): test development and reliability.Neuromuscul Disord. 2010; 20: 155-161
- Concurrent and construct validity of the Pediatric Evaluation of Disability Inventory.Phys Ther. 1990; 70: 602-610
- The PedsQL in pediatric patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: feasibility, reliability, and validity of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory Neuromuscular Module and generic core scales.J Clin Neuromuscul Dis. 1998; 11: 97-109
- The PedsQLTM in pediatric patients with spinal muscular atrophy: feasibility, reliability, and validity of the Pediatric Quality of Life InventoryTM Generic Core Scales and Neuromuscular Module.Neuromuscul Disord. 2009; 19: 805-812
- Prospective cohort study of spinal muscular atrophy types 2 and 3.Neurology. 2012; 79: 1889-1897
- Using the Student's t-test with extremely small sample sizes.Pract Assess Res Eval. 2013; 18: 1-12
- Structural divisions and functional fields in the human cerebral cortex.Brain Res Brain Res Rev. 1998; 26: 87-105
- Dual-task interference in simple tasks: data and theory.Psychol Bull. 1994; 116: 220-244
- Social influences on executive functions development in children and adolescents: steps toward a social neuroscience of predictive adaptive responses.J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2016; 44: 57-61
- Health-related quality of life in children and adolescents with spinal muscular atrophy in the Czech Republic.Pediatr Neurol. 2014; 50: 591-594