- •We screened 108 myopathy patients for late-onset Pompe disease in Finland.
- •The screening did not reveal new Pompe patients.
- •Pompe disease is extremely rare in Finland.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Neuromuscular Disorders
- Pompe disease diagnosis and management guideline.Genet Med. 2006; 8: 267-288
Leslie N, Tinkle BT. Glycogen storage disease type II (Pompe Disease) In: Pagon RA, Adam MP, Bird TD, Dolan CR, Fong CT, Stephens K, editors. GeneReviews™ [Internet]. Seattle (WA): Seattle, University of Washington; 1993–2013. 2007 Aug 31 [updated 2013 May 09].
- Pompe disease in infants and children.J Pediatr. 2004; 144: 35-43
- Pompe disease: design, methodology, and early findings from the Pompe Registry.Mol Genet Metab. 2011; 103: 1-11
- AANEM consensus committee on late-onset Pompe disease: AANEM consensus committee on late-onset Pompe disease. consensus treatment recommendations for late-onset Pompe disease.Muscle Nerve. 2012; 45: 319-333
- Comparison of maltose and acarbose as inhibitors of maltase-glucoamylase activity in assaying acid alpha-glucosidase activity in dried blood spots for the diagnosis of infantile Pompe disease.Genet Med. 2006; 8: 302-306
- Short-incubation mass spectrometry assay for lysosomal storage disorders in newborn and high-risk population screening.J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2012; 908: 9-17
- Frequency of glycogen storage disease type II in The Netherlands: implications for diagnosis and genetic counseling.Eur J Hum Genet. 1999; 7: 713-716
- Carrier frequency for glycogen storage disease type II in New York and estimates of affected individuals born with the disease.Am J Med Genet. 1998; 79: 69-72
- Pompe’s disease or glycogen storage disease.Duodecim. 1982; 98 ([Finnish]): 709-716
- A novel mutation of the GAA gene in a Finnish late-onset Pompe disease patient: clinical phenotype and follow-up with enzyme replacement therapy.Muscle Nerve. 2009; 40: 143-148
- Glycogen storage disease type II: enzymatic screening in dried blood spots on filter paper.Clin Chim Acta. 2004; 347: 97-102
- Pompe disease diagnostic working group methods for a prompt and reliable laboratory diagnosis of Pompe disease: report from an international consensus meeting.Mol Genet Metab. 2008; 93: 275-281
Bodamer OA, Dajnoki A. Diagnosing lysosomal storage disorders: Pompe disease. Curr Protoc Hum Genet 2012 Oct; Chapter 17, Unit 17.
- Late-onset Pompe disease is prevalent in unclassified limb-girdle muscular dystrophies.Mol Genet Metab. 2013; 110: 287-289
- Glycogen storage disease type II: frequency of three common mutant alleles and their associated clinical phenotypes studied in 121 patients.J Med Genet. 1995; 32: 836-837
- Disease gene mapping in isolated human populations: the example of Finland.J Med Genet. 1993; 30: 857-865
- Hereditary diseases in Finland; rare flora in rare soil.Ann Clin Res. 1973; 5: 109-141